Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer to-do-list all checked off!

I love lists....I know I am a dork! In about April I made a Summer to-do-list. We checked the last item off yesterday which was swimming in the Salado Creek. We've done a lot this Summer but saved the one that was within walking distance from the house last! Here is a review of the fun Summer we've had in 2012:

Rope Swing at the Creek in Salado

Rope Swing At the Salado Creek

spent a day (not long enough) in Houston to see our SHSU friends

ate a BOOMSTICK at the Ballpark in Arlington

Canyon Lake, TX

Riverwalk in San Antonio

Faust Hotel in New Braunfels, TX

waited 2 hours in line for the Master Blaster at Schlitterbahn- totally worth it!
Parasailing in Key West, FL

We wanted to take a beach vacation...so we realized we had enough points on our credit card to do a cruise from Miami to Nassau, CocoCay, and Key West. GREAT vacation! 



Everything we've done this Summer has been amazing. One thing I've realized is that you don't have to travel too far or spend much money to have a fabulous time! Many of the things we did were free, paid for through something else besides us, or we had groupons to help cut cost. I can't wait to complete next Summer's to-do list :) 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have ever made a bucket list. When I travel somewhere (pretty much anywhere) I do look and see what all I might want to visit. Usually I find about twice as much as I have time for- so I talk with Laurie and narrow it down to a relaxed pace of what we have time for. Sometimes things are not what I thought (the Bradbury Museum in Los Alamos is not about Ray Bradbury- but it was great).

    ReplyDelete